Performing Maintenance to the Standard You Deserve
Boiler Repair and Inspections
Why You Should Replace Your Boiler With South West
A solid, reliable boiler is something most homeowners take for granted until it breaks down, that is. And while there is no convenient time for a boiler breakdown, as a South West customer, you can count on us to help you maintain, repair, and install your boiler. Fortunately, boilers are some of the sturdiest examples of HVAC equipment, so there are often plenty of warning signs that your boiler needs attention. Here are some solid reasons to get your boiler serviced, repaired, or even replaced:
- Safety: Regardless of their age, boilers are very safe appliances. But if an older boiler does not receive a fresh combustion air supply, that could pose a health hazard. On the other hand, these risks are largely eliminated with a more advanced boiler, because all of its equipment is enclosed within its cabinet.
- Efficiency: Today’s advanced efficiency models, can be up to 35% more efficient than older boilers. This will lead to much lower heating costs in the long term. An advanced system can pay for itself in as little as two years based on the money saved in fuel costs.
- Reliability: Boilers typically become less reliable with age and must be repaired more regularly. In many cases, the older the boiler, the harder it can be to find spare parts – thus adding to the cost of repairs.
Improving Efficiency Through Regular Maintenance
Monitoring Critical Controls
Your safety valves and water gauge glass are two of the most critical components of your boiler system that ought to be checked regularly. As the name indicates, your safety valves are your boiler’s most crucial safety feature because it alleviates pressure if all other systems fail. Every steam and hot-water boiler must have at least one valve that provides the sufficient relieving capacity to meet or exceed maximum boiler output.
If the water gauge glass is not properly cleaned and maintained, it will show an appropriate water level when the boiler is low on water.
South West Can Help You With:
- Making sure the gauges are accurate
- Checking the pressure of your expansion tank
- Making sure all safety devices (pressure relief valves, pressure, and temperature controls, low water-sensing devices) are functioning properly
- Checking the fuel system for leaks, controls, and proper operation
- Checking the combustion system for signs of overheating and exhaust leaks
- Checking the heating system for zone balancing, uneven heating, and leaks
- Making sure the circulator pump runs quietly
- Making sure the water inside the system is clean
Request an Appointment
- Serving: Seattle, WA and Surrounding Areas
- 24/7, Year Round