Seattle plumbing service offers 5 tips to lower utility bills
Area residents can save money by following advice from South West Plumbing
SEATTLE — Oct. 22, 2020 — South West Plumbing, Seattle’s provider of plumbing services, is offering advice to area residents on how to save money during what can be a costly season.
In addition to holiday expenses, utility bills can be high during the upcoming months if proper measures are not taken.
“Reducing energy consumption should be a focus for customers year-round,” said Darrell Paul, general manager of South West Plumbing. “In the upcoming months, with the holidays quickly approaching, it may not be a primary focus. However, there are some measures homeowners can take to help save money.”
Paul and the South West Plumbing team offer the following tips to help lower utility bills during the fall and winter months:
- Turn down temperature on water heater: Turn down the temperature on your water heater to the warm setting (120 degrees). This will both save energy and help prevent scalding.
- Install low-flow fixtures: Low-flow water appliances use less water than standard appliances. Over the course of a year, these appliances can save water by cutting flow by just 0.5 gallons per minute.
- Insulate your pipes: In cold spaces, hot water in piping systems can lose heat. Adding a layer of insulation can minimize that loss and prevent wasted energy to make up for the lost heat. Insulating pipes can also be another measure to help prevent frozen pipes.
- Check for leaking or dripping pipes: A leaky or slow dripping pipe can slowly add to your utility bill. Having these leaks fixed will help save money year-round.
- Lower dishwasher and washing machine temperatures: Dishwashers and washing machines use hot water from your house supply. Heating up that water during the colder months can be costly.
“Saving energy can be both beneficial to the environment and your wallet,” said Paul. “The extra money you save can be used for other expenses during the busy holiday season.”
About South West Plumbing
South West Plumbing was started over 35 years ago by Bill and Connie Buckingham out of their home with just one truck. All South West Plumbing plumbers and technicians are certified and come prepared with fully-stocked trucks that have everything they need to do the job right. We have friendly, professional, and uniformed technicians that are trained on an ongoing basis to ensure that they can perform your plumbing service with both precision and accuracy. We are the plumbing service company YOU can count on. For more information, visit onetocall.com.